iMac 1TB Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program
Apple has determined that certain Seagate 1TB hard drives used in 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac systems may fail. These systems were sold between October 2009 and July 2011.
Apple is contacting effected iMac owners who provided a valid email address during the product registration process to advise about this program.
For carry-in service with Imagetext please follow the below steps:
1. Ensure you have double checked your eligibility on Apple’s website by entering your serial number here - http://www.apple.com/support/imac-harddrive/
• For help locating the serial number of your iMac please refer to these pages:
• If your computer still turns on - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1529
• If you are unable to power on your computer to the desktop - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1750
2. Please ensure you have a current backup of your iMac as this program does not cover data transfer at all. You can learn about Time Machine Backups by visiting this webpage - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427
Note: if your hard drive is still fully functioning then for a service fee of $45 incl GST Imagetext can clone your data from the original drive to the replacement. This will extend the time of repair depending on the amount of data you have and for some Applications you may need to re-enter serial numbers of reinstall for them to continue working. If you choose not to have your data transferred then your machine will be reloaded with a clean un-configured operating system as Apple provided the machine to you at the time of purchase. If you have upgraded your OS since we will reload your machine with the version of Mac OS X currently on your iMac.
3. If your machine is eligible for service then please bring your machine into our reception, at 3 Owens Road, Epsom, Auckland. We are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm. All you need to do is complete a warranty book-in form and your machine will be attended to as soon as possible. Current turn around time for this program is three working days.*
4. If you live out of Auckland please visit www.imagetext.co.nz/bookin.pdf to download the latest copy of our book in form. Please fully complete this and courier in with your machine to us at “Imagetext, Attn: Apple Service, 3 Owens Road, Epsom, Auckland”. We will contact you to discuss return freight options and charges at the completion of your repair.
Rental iMacs Available
We understand sometimes you can’t be without your computer for too long, therefore Imagetext do have some rental iMacs available at $190 + GST per week**. These machines come preloaded with Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iLife ’11 and are available on a first come first serve basis. Data transfer from your original machine to a rental machine and vice versa is not covered as part of the rental price, if you require data transfer please discuss this with an engineer at the time of booking a rental machine.
Notes & FAQ's:
• This replacement program is a carry-in warranty only and does not cover onsite service or freight to or from the service centre.
• If you have upgraded your operating system since you purchased your iMac we will reload your computer with the version of Mac OS X we find on your computer at the time of book in.
• Apple's Carry-in warranty does not allow for advanced orders of parts therefore to be able to place the order in Apple's system you must bring your machine into us to run all appropriate tests and final coverage verification. Once this screening process is complete we will then be able to order the required part.
• If you live outside of Auckland you can locate your nearest Apple Authorised Service Provider on Apple's Locator page - http://locate.apple.com/nz/en/
• If you believe you have paid for a repair or replacement due to this issue, contact Apple on 00800-7666-7666 regarding a refund.
To contact us about your Apple service requirements please use this contact form - or phone us on 09-623 3102.
Our Business Hours are: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm